FRESHFARM FoodPrints embeds comprehensive food education in public elementary schools with the goal of improving health and academic outcomes for children and families. We do this by embedding food and garden educators, providing an interdisciplinary, standards-based curriculum for learning in gardens and kitchens, and increasing food access in our partner school communities. Demonstrated outcomes include greater knowledge of, access to, and willingness to eat nutritious foods, and greater engagement in schools.
Read more about key components of our successful model:
- Interdisciplinary, standards-based Pre-K through 5th grade FoodPrints Curriculum
- SNAP-Ed nutrition education for low income communities
- Afterschool and summer out of school time enrichment programming
- Making connections with families to support them in accessing food and cooking together at home
- Flexible, place-based learning through FoodPrints Anywhere modules
- Demonstrated results for students, families, and schools