Your gift to FRESHFARM is an investment in a food system where all people have the ownership and dignity to produce and eat healthy food.
In the DMV area that we serve, an estimated 200,000 are food insecure and critically need nutritious food to have a healthy and thriving quality of life. Your support helps vulnerable groups access and afford healthy, local food, generate economic opportunities for 240 farmers and producers, and provide nutrition education that promotes healthy eating habits for the next generation.
To learn more about our mission and programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Give
- Donate by check. Please mail your check donation to:
1380 Monroe Street NW #605
Washington, DC 20010
- Become a monthly donor. Make a commitment to donate every month and nourish our future so everyone can access and afford healthy, local food. Set up a hassle-free, automated monthly donation to FRESHFARM using the online donation form above. Select your desired donation amount and select the “Monthly” button.
- Direct your Direct your Donor Advised Fund (DAF) grant to be mailed to:
1380 Monroe Street NW #605
Washington, DC 20010Donors using Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable or NBY Mellon can use the convenient DAF Direct Link to designate a gift to FRESHFARM.
- Donate your stock. Donating securities is easy and you receive a two-part benefit of receiving an immediate tax deduction and avoiding capital gains tax. To make a gift of stock, arrange for a transfer of securities into FRESHFARM’s account:
Company: FreshFarm Markets, INC
Account #: A3F-813011
- Consider workplace giving. FRESHFARM is a member charity of the United Way National Capital Area. Give through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) #99308, DC One Fund #9260, or the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC) #201060. Request your workplace match donations made by employees. Contact your HR department to see if your donations to FRESHFARM are eligible for a matching grant. If your company uses Benevity for matching donations, view our profile page here. See our Federal & Local Giving Campaigns for more.
- Give When You Shop
Amazon Smile: When you shop online at smile.amazon.com, you can donate a portion of the purchase price to charity. Choose FRESHFARM Markets as your preferred charity.
Giant Food Giving Tag Program: Visit any Giant Food store and purchase a $2.50 reusable Community Bag. Each bag will come equipped with a tag and unique code. Enter this code online within 7 days of purchasing and select FRESHFARM to make your $1 donation.
Cold Country Salmon: Cold Country Salmon, who sells at 7 FRESHFARM farmers markets, has pledged to donate 5% of their farmers market sales to FRESHFARM. You can join them and make an impact by donating here.
CleanChoice Energy: Switch your home to 100% renewable energy with CleanChoice Energy. They will donate $50 for every customer that signs up through FRESHFARM. Make the switch to clean energy today using this referral link.
FRESHFARM Donor FAQs
Is my donation secure?
Absolutely. The security and confidentiality of your information is our highest priority. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your information and provide a safe and secure environment for online donations. We will not sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone else. We will not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. FRESHFARM is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your donation receipt as your official record that will be sent to you upon successful completion of your donation.
Will I get a receipt?
Yes, all online gifts through FRESHFARM’s donation page will receive an automated thank you email and receipt. If you choose to make a recurring donation, you will receive an initial receipt and an itemized list of your donations after the end of the calendar year. For donations made by check, tax receipts will be mailed within four to six weeks after the donation has been processed. Please keep a copy of your receipt for tax purposes. For donations totaling over $250, an itemized list of your donations will be mailed to you after the end of the calendar year.
How can I change my contact information?
To change your address or contact preferences, please contact email@example.com.
What do you do with my personal information?
Your privacy is important to us. As a donor, we will not sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone else. We will not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.