What’s In Your Market Share This Week?
Broccoli has been in the market share recently. Did you know that florets on the broccoli plant are flowers? The leaves and stalks of broccoli can also be eaten and they’re very nutrient dense.
Broccoli can be enjoyed raw and cooked. A quick steam is the best cooking method to keep most of the nutrients.
Raw broccoli contains nearly 90% water and is very low in calories. Contains a variety of vitamins and minerals including:
- Vitamin C: important for immune function
- Vitamin K: helps promote bone health
- Folate: needed for normal tissue growth and cell function
- Iron: transports oxygen in red blood cells
- Potassium: helps with blood pressure control
Check out these recipes if you’re looking for some inspiration in the kitchen:
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower you can spice it up as much or as little as you like.
No need to cook when you can make a crunchy and sweet Broccoli Slaw.
When you have a little left of various different things, this Kitchen Sink Salad is the perfect go to.
Plant Part Pasta will be different every time you make it depending on what parts of the plant you decide to use.
Foodprints Anywhere is sure to have activities that the whole family can be a part of:
- There will be no food waste when you make Homemade Vegetable Broth from your veggie scraps
- Make Delicious Dozen snacks for the week with ingredients you already have on hand
- Create your own Mancala Game Board with materials found in your home