2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. dried basil
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
Box grater OR food processor with the grating attachment
Jar with a lid OR other container for dressing
- Wash the carrots and garlic.
- Coarsely grate the carrots with a box grater or with the grating attachment of a food processor, then add to a large bowl.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, basil, salt, and pepper in a jar with a lid (or another container) and shake or mix thoroughly.
- Pour over the grated carrots and gently toss. Taste and adjust with salt, pepper and extra vinegar and oil, if needed.
Note: Serve immediately, or chill before serving. Carrots will start losing their crispness if they sit too long in the dressing.