2 apples, cored
2 beets, peeled
2 carrots, peeled
1 small clove garlic
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. salt to taste
Box grater OR food processor with the grating attachment
Garlic press (optional)
Jar with a lid or other container for dressing
- Wash the apples, beets and carrots and then core or peel them as noted in the ingredients list.
- Grate the apples, beets and carrots with a box grater or with the grating attachment of a food processor. Put grated vegetables in a large bowl.
- Peel the garlic clove and then either pass it through a garlic press OR dice and mash to a pulp.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, balsamic, garlic and salt in a jar with a lid (or another container) and shake or mix thoroughly.
- Add the dressing slowly to coat the salad and mix well.