2 lb. fresh carrots
3 tbsp. cooking oil
1 large pinch of sugar OR 1 tsp. honey
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly grated black pepper
Rimmed baking sheet
Juicer or fork
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Wash carrots and scrub them well, then set them aside to dry.
- Wash and dry the lemons. Then zest and juice them. Set the zest aside until the last step.
- Slice the carrots into strips like French fries, then toss in a bowl with oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Spread carrot mixture out on the baking sheet and ask for an adult’s help to place in the preheated oven.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, until slightly softened but not mushy. Toss with the lemon zest and juice and serve immediately.