1 lb. thin-skinned potatoes (Yukon gold, fingerling, red bliss)
1 bunch fresh parsley
1-2 scallions (optional)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. honey
Jar with a lid or other container for dressing
- Wash all produce, making sure to thoroughly scrub and rinse the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer. Let them cook until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife or fork.
- While the potatoes are cooking, pick the parsley leaves off the stems and chop the leaves slightly. It’s fun to tear off the leaves by hand!
- Finely chop the scallions if using.
- When the potatoes are done, strain off the water and let them sit to cool slightly before cutting them into small bite size pieces.
- Put the cut potatoes in a bowl large enough to be able to toss them around with the dressing.
- Add the scallions and parsley leaves to the potatoes.
Prepare the dressing. Combine the olive oil, white wine vinegar, mustard and honey in a jar with a lid (or other container) and shake or mix thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing all over the potatoes and gently toss. Taste for salt and pepper.
We also enjoy this potato salad with steamed green beans!