1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
2-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ cup tahini
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt
Measuring cups and spoons
- Wash the produce, then roughly chop the spinach.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- In a food processor, combine the beans, tahini and blend until creamy.
- Add the garlic, spinach, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and blend.
- If spinach hummus is too thick, add 1 tbsp. water at a time until desired consistency. Hummus should be smooth and creamy.
Note: Serve with Homemade Crackers or pita chips.