1 small onion, peeled and diced
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 tbsp. cooking oil (olive oil compliments the flavors well)
1 bunch fresh herbs (oregano, basil, parsley), chopped OR 1 tsp. dried oregano
1 15 oz. can or jar of diced tomatoes
- Wash and prepare all veggies by peeling, dicing, mincing, or chopping them as noted in the ingredients list.
- Place a small pot over low heat on a stove top and add the oil.
- Carefully add the onion to the hot oil, listening for the sizzling sound. Cook until fragrant and starting to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining garlic, herbs and tomatoes. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 45 minutes.
- Spread on flatbread or pizza crusts, like the Mini Green Pizzas.
Note: Stores well in the freezer.