pinch of salt (optional)
- Using a jar or food storage container, pour enough heavy cream to take up about half of the container. (Small jars with about 1 tbsp. of cream work well for younger kids.)
- Add a pinch of salt (if you are using it).
- Seal the container tightly.
- Shake! Even when the heavy cream turns into whipped cream, keep shaking! It is done when you have a thin liquid sloshing around a mass of butter.
- Strain the buttermilk into a separate container. You can use the buttermilk for biscuits, waffles, ranch dressing, etc.
- Try the butter with Radishes with Bread & Butter.
- Store the butter and buttermilk in the refrigerator (as long as any butter purchased in the store).
Adapted from mommypoppins.com