1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add olive oil, onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook until onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
2. Add garlic, stir and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
3. Add veggies, stock, and herbs and stir. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Let simmer about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
4. In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix the water and flour together with a fork or whisk until no lumps are left. Slowly add it into the pot. Continue to cook and thicken for 5-10 more minutes. Taste for salt and pepper, and add more if desired.
5. Enjoy on its own, or with biscuits, such as Sweet Potato Biscuits.