2 ripe bananas, peeled
½ cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen spinach, thawed
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats OR flour
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
15 fresh mint leaves (optional)
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
Cooking oil or butter
Optional garnishes: Maple syrup, honey, berries, chopped nuts or seeds
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl or container, checking for any pieces of eggshell.
- Add the eggs, peeled bananas, milk, and spinach to a blender. Make sure the lid is secure and blend until well combined.
- Add the rolled oats, coconut flakes, baking powder and salt to the blender. Make sure the lid is secure and blend again until completely smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Give the batter a stir and then measure ¼ cup per pancake into the pan. Cook multiple pancakes in the pan at a time if there is room.
- Cook each pancake for about 1-2 minutes or until the entire surface is covered with small bubbles. Then carefully flip each pancake with a spatula and cook the other side for about another minute or until golden.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter, adjusting the heat if the pancakes are starting to burn.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Adapted from Edible Communities