What’s In Your Market Share This Week?
Asian Pears have been in the Market Share recently and there are other kinds that you may see throughout the fall.
Asian Pears are crisp like apples which is likely why another common name is, apple pear. They are juicy due to their high water content but also grainy and are delicately sweet. The texture will remain firm ripe unlike American and European pears.
Bartlett Pears are bell shaped and one of the most popular varieties. This is a unique pear that skin changes as it ripens. The bright green color will taste tart and crunchy and will fade to different shades of yellow as it softens.
Refrigeration will slow down the ripening process. Leave your pears at room temperature and enjoy your super juicy treat.
Here are some ways to satisfy your sweet tooth:
- Roasted Honeynut Squash With Pear is a great combination and will come together easily on a roasting sheet.
- Kale Salad with Pear has a light refreshing flavor.
- Top off your Sweet Crepes with your favorite fruit.
- Overnight Oats are the perfect school or work day breakfast.
Try out these activities to get the whole family involved:
- Learn more about what benefits our body gets when we Eat the Rainbow!
- What does 100% Whole Grain mean? Check out our Guide on Whole Grains
- Kid Safe Knives are the perfect way to get your children involved in the kitchen with proper precautions.
- You can start the base of your Soup Bowls with your favorite veggies and add more flavor layers from there.
- You can grow Microgreens and Sprouts in your own kitchen.