Effective May 28, 2021
In response to the recent government changes to COVID-19 regulations, we have removed restrictions at the majority of markets.
Throughout the pandemic, farmers markets provided safe and reliable access to fresh and local food within our communities. Though a return to normal is near, we are committed to a transition with the safety of all farmers, producers, staff and customers in mind. The success of markets over the last year is a testament to the value of creating safe and inclusive spaces.
In an effort to keep shoppers, vendors, and market managers as safe as possible while continuing to provide the essential service of providing fresh food to our communities, FRESHFARM is implementing the following safety protocols at all of our farmers markets.
For the safety and comfort of all FRESHFARM customers, we strongly encourage you to continue wearing a mask. If you are vaccinated, you may choose to shop without a mask in accordance with the new CDC guidance. Masks are required for everyone for the first hour at the Arlington market. Thank you for helping us keep our market community safe. Read more about our mask policy here.
Customer Safety Rules
- If you are sick, or a member of your family is sick, STAY HOME.
- For the safety and comfort of all FRESHFARM customers, we strongly encourage you to continue wearing a mask. If you are vaccinated, you may choose to shop without a mask in accordance with the new CDC guidance. Thank you for helping us keep our market community safe.
- Please note: Masks are still required during the first hour at Arlington Courthouse market.
- We encourage customers to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other people, especially when in line.
- Food and drinks should be consumed in designated areas or outside the market. Check with your market manager to identify the best area to eat.
- Pets are now allowed at the market (except at Dupont Market), but FRESHFARM reserves the right to ask people and their pets to leave if they are causing a disruption.
- Customers can now enter under tents, and select their own products.
- You can still pre-order with your favorite vendors for quick and contact-free pickup at the market. Find info on how to pre-order and other shopping alternatives.
Farmers & Producer Safety Rules
- Vendors are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks (vaccinated or not).
- Particularly while interacting with customers.
- Masks are still required during the first hour at Arlington Courthouse market.
- If unvaccinated, masks are required.
- Sampling is allowed.
- Food can be prepared to order at the market.
- Customers will be asked to eat in designated areas, or outside the market. Access to condiments, silverware, cups, etc. can be freely available, but sanitizer should be provided.
- All vendors must use gloves if they are interacting with prepared food. Additionally, people that are regularly exchanging money and products with customers are strongly encouraged to wear gloves, and change and sanitize them regularly.
- When possible please have staff members dedicated to exchanging money, and staff members dedicated to exchanging products.
- Please regularly sanitize or wash your hands at least once per hour. We have a limited supply of hand sanitizer at the info tent. We encourage you to bring a portable handwashing station and/or hand sanitizer. If you are preparing food on site you are required to have a handwashing station.
- Customers can enter underneath the booth to browse, and select their own products.
- We recommend continuing to implement contactless pay, pre-order/pickup, and other low-touch or no-touch options as much as possible.
- Tablecloths are now allowed.
Market Management Safety Commitments
- FRESHFARM will supply hand sanitizer at all markets at the information tent.
- FRESHFARM will encourage social distancing.
- Community events, including music, entertainment, community tables, and sponsor tables can resume at select market locations.
- We allow sponsor tables at certain markets where it is deemed safe, but require that any sponsors who table at our markets follow specific COVID safety rules and guidelines.
- Market managers will wipe down commonly used surfaces, such as the market information table, and EBT redemption devices (phones, card swipers).
- FRESHFARM will continue to offer SNAP processing and matching. Please bring your SNAP card as usual to the information tent. To aid in processing, we will have extra gloves and hand sanitizer available for all to use.
- For information about which markets are currently open, go to Farmers Markets.
- For information on pre-order and delivery options, go to Market Shopping Alternatives.
- For information on virtual FoodPrints curriculum, go to FoodPrints Anywhere.
- For information on how the Pop-Up Food Hub is supporting the community, read this blog.