COVID-19 Market Shopping Alternatives
During the COVID-19 crisis, our farmers markets remain OPEN, but we are implementing practices to ensure the safety and hygiene of all shoppers and vendors.
Pre-Order & Pick-Up Options
In an effort to reduce customers’ time spent at market, better meet demands, expedite transactions, and limit currency exchange, vendors are offering pre-order + pick-up options at market.
At two of our markets, we are offering one-stop online shopping through Local Line. Order a variety of products from multiple vendors at once for pick-up at the market!
Find a Farmer or Market
For people looking for ways to buy local food during the Covid-19 crisis, Delmarva Grown, Future Harvest, Maryland Farmers Market Association and MWCOG teamed up to create a directory of direct-sales local food resources. View a map here.
If you need help getting food during this time, check these resources: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/food
- For information about which markets are currently open, go to Farmers Markets.
- For information on safety protocols in place at the markets, go to FRESHFARM COVID-19 Response.
- For information on virtual FoodPrints curriculum, go to FoodPrints Anywhere.
- For information on how the Pop-Up Food Hub is supporting the community, read this blog.
- For information on resources available to farmers and producers, go to Support for Farmers.