5 small tomatoes, chopped OR 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 English cucumber, chopped
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
⅓ cup assorted fresh herbs (oregano, parsley, mint or cilantro), diced
1 clove garlic, peeled and finely grated
*¼ – ½ cup pitted Kalamata OR green olives, halved
pita bread (optional)
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
Measuring cups and spoons
Jar with a lid (optional)
- Wash and prepare the produce by chopping, slicing, dicing, peeling, grating and halving them as noted in the ingredients list.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and herbs and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the feta cheese, garlic, and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Pour over the salad.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper in a jar with a lid (or another container) and shake or mix thoroughly.
Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve with sliced pita bread.
*Note: Greek Kalamata olives are typical and have a toothy texture and intense flavor. Green olives are a milder option.