1½ cups loosely packed cilantro leaves
1–2 garlic cloves, peeled and mince
2–3 tbsp. fresh lime OR lemon juice (2-3 limes)
½ cup plain yogurt, plain Greek yogurt, or sour cream (optional)
¼ – ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. white wine vinegar OR rice vinegar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. honey OR sugar
Measuring cups and spoons
Juicer OR fork
Blender OR food processor
- Wash the produce, then peel and mince the garlic cloves.
- Add the lime juice, vinegar, cilantro, garlic, salt and honey to a blender.
- If using yogurt then add it and ¼ cup olive oil to the blender. If not using yogurt then add ⅓ cup olive oil.
- Secure the lid and purée ingredients together until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Store in the refrigerator and shake or mix before serving.
Note: Goes well with Sweet Potato Quesadillas!
Adapted from Well Seasoned Studio