COVID-19 Market Shopping Alternatives
During the COVID-19 crisis, our farmers markets remain OPEN, but we are implementing practices to ensure the safety and hygiene of all shoppers and vendors.
Pre-Order & Pick-Up Options + Farmer & Producer Attendance
In an effort to reduce customers’ time spent at market, better meet demands, expedite transactions, and limit currency exchange, vendors are offering pre-order + pick-up options at market.
View pre-order options, anticipated vendor attendance, ordering deadlines, and other information in this spreadsheet. Be sure to select the tab for your preferred market at the bottom of the spreadsheet. This document is updated on an ongoing basis.
At two of our markets, we are offering one-stop online shopping through Local Line. Order a variety of products from multiple vendors at once for pick-up at the market!
At three of our markets, we are offering timed reservations to enter the market. Reservations are not required, but are encouraged for shoppers who would like to bypass the walk-in line to enter the market. Reservations are limited to one person per party, but you are welcome to bring another person from your household to accompany you. Reserve your shopping times:
Other Ways To Help
- Purchasing gift cards from your favorite local businesses is a great way to provide immediate support to small businesses during this crisis.
- Contribute to American Farmland Trust’s Farmer Relief Fund, which will help directly support farmers impacted by the current crisis.
- Contribute to the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington’s (RAMW) Worker’s Relief Fund to support restaurant and food service industry workers.
- Hook Hall: The Petworth neighborhood gem is partnering with their vendors to help our DC community. They are currently seeking volunteers to help prepare and distribute Hook Hall Care Kits.
- World Central Kitchen is accepting volunteers to help prepare meals for the people of DC. Sign up here.
Find a Farmer or Market
For people looking for ways to buy local food during the Covid-19 crisis, Delmarva Grown, Future Harvest, Maryland Farmers Market Association and MWCOG teamed up to create a directory of direct-sales local food resources. View a map here.
If you need help getting food during this time, check these resources: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/food
- For information about which markets are currently open, go to Farmers Markets.
- For information on safety protocols in place at the markets, go to FRESHFARM COVID-19 Response.
- For information on virtual FoodPrints curriculum, go to FoodPrints Anywhere.
- For information on how the Pop-Up Food Hub is supporting the community, read this blog.
- For information on resources available to farmers and producers, go to Support for Farmers.
- For information on how DC, Maryland, and Virginia are managing farmers markets during COVID-19, go to Markets Are Essential.
- To express your support for farmers markets as a vital service, fill out this letter of support.
- To support FRESHFARM’s COVID-19 response, donate here.